Bootcamp Hijacks OSX

xris

Registered
I just loaded up bootcamp on a brand new iMac G5 intel duo and I think I did a booboo.

here's my procedures:

I Fired up bootcamp after Updating the firmware as required.
I then installed MS XP Home Edition after allocating 15GB and selecting the 'default' NTFS format option.
For some reason, after it loaded the XP files it got into a LOOP where it didn't recognize the partition so I opted to reformat and re-install XP again.
this loop seemed to want to continue, so I thought I'd abort the procedure, but I seemed to have lost control of the machine.
and finally got the following message 'ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM'

I powered off the computer and started again, only to get the same error message across the top of the screen (similar to a DOS command: NO APPLE logo or ? whatever). Nothing i did would let me get back to the familiar Mac OS.

I Booted up with my OSX Tiger CD and ran disk utilities only to find that I was unable to do a repair because all options were greyed out for the internal HD and associated volumes.
My main internal HD showed it had 233.8GB
and an unmounted volume called Disc 01 had 128GB with a partition type showing up as Windows_NTFS.

I tried to reinstall the OSX but the dialogue box that says 'Select a Destination Volume' was EMPTY.

(Please tell me I didn't erase the entire MAC side of my HD).

After some persevenace I somehow managed to get Windows XP set up and working.

However I still cannot fire up the Mac OS.
Restarting with the 'Option' or 'X' key held down fires up Windows XP only.
I can't seem to find my OSX.

NOW if I did accidently erase my OSX how do I restore it and my HD to pre bootcamp status?? (no I didn't backup everything, but then again, I never expected this crazy thing to happen: and that's probably why I never bought a PC).

xris

What are you using as a computer....a G5, or an intel core duo?

They are NOT the same machines, and bootcamp only works on the Intel machines.

Back