BootCamp installation/setup issues.

Fear n Loathing

Registered
First of all hello to y'all here. I'm a relative Mac newbie so I bow to y'all's collective knowlege.

Okay heres what's goin on. I have an Intel MacBook Pro and tonight I went through the bootcamp process up to the point where it asked me to install windows. It went fine up untill the point where I had to start imputing things into the installation process via my keyboard what happened was the keyboard didn't respond when the windows set up asked me to "Press Enter to Setup Windows." So I rebooted and started again but I always stall out at some point. Also now I can't even get it to boot back up into OSX. I think what happened is that I partially installed windows and now I am stuck in the windows partition.

So my real question is, did I totally screw my lappy up beyond my ability to fix it? or is there still hope for me?

Thanks for any potential help that y'all can offer me!

[Edit]:
Okay Another Update: I have gotten to the point where it wants me to change the dics to prove taht it really is an upgrade (idunno why it thinks I am upgrading here) and I am pressing the damned button to eject the CD. But the damned disc won't come out. What should I do?

Can't use an upgrade disk. You need a _real_ Windows XP SP2 installation disk - not an update.

In order to get back to your Mac side, simply hold down the option key at boot time. That's the one labelled "alt" and has that "option" sign.

If anyone reads this and can help I would be grateful.
I bought a MacBook and using the Bootcamp. I try to load XP and get a BSD the states:
"Session3_Initialization_Failed"
Then a bunch of empty instruction. Then:
***Stop: 0X0000006F (0X00000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"
Please help!

(Use the X key on reboot to skip the option key step; option shows you all available systems while "x" boots you into OS X)

If anyone reads this and can help I would be grateful.
I bought a MacBook and using the Bootcamp. I try to load XP and get a BSD the states:
"Session3_Initialization_Failed"
Then a bunch of empty instruction. Then:
***Stop: 0X0000006F (0X00000020, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"
Please help!

Hi netjess :), make sure you have a latest boot camp v1.1, firmware update v1.0.1 & new firmware update v.1.2f10 you can search on apple.com/support/download but make sure the firmware update suite for you mac book. I don't know what model you have. I'm using mac book pro 15, 2.16Ghz. then last you must download http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1047combointel.html

make sure it suite with your mac book. read first before download ok :). after all update finish install, then try again install windows xp, home or pro with sp2. If you still receive error of blue screen when installing windows xp, I think you have a problem with your RAM.

I'm also bought a new mac book pro, but when I want to install other software like photoshop on mac, OSX force me to shutdown. look like this:
http://www.macmaps.com/kernelpanic.html

I want to install windows XP an half way apper blue screen. then I bought a new RAM brand kingston 2GB an it work great until now and I'm enjoy using both OSX & Windows :). I don't know if apple intall a cheap RAM (no brand) and not stable. I hope it may help you :)

sorry for my bad english :):) hehehe

I found the answer to this one!
It seems there is an issue with the New MacBook's DVD drive reading the XP/SP2 install disk (XP/SP1 worked, Hummm?). If you boot up in OSX and make a copy of the XP/SP2 disk and then install from the copy it works fine.

Back