BootCD v0.3 help

angelaf

Registered
Hello everyone.

I have an iMac powerPC G3 with OS 10.1.5 on it, with OS9 also installed (i haven't changed anything on it, its the same as how it came from Apple)

And all yesterday i searched through old threads here looking for help on how to make a bootable disk using BootCD v.03, and I found some helpful ones, but its not working for me, so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong...

So what I have done is:
-Opened BootCDv0.3 and click on "create bootable CD image".
-I name it "boot cd.dmg' when it prompts for a name and choose to save it to the desktop.
-Wait a while for it to create the image, it asks for applications to add, but i don't know what I should put there, so I just click cancel and let it carry on.
-Then it puts the "boot cd.dmg" file on the desktop. I don't do anything to that file, don't mount it or anything... then I insert a blank CD, drag the 'boot cd.dmg' file to the CD, then choose "Burn CD" from the File menu in Finder.
-It burns the CD. I restart the computer holding down "C". nothing. I restart again holding down the option key to see if it even shows the CD as an option... it is not. Only OSX is an option.

So there you have it. Does anything stand out as being the wrong way to make it?

I'm not very familiar with images and mounting images and all that... i think I have a basic understanding but maybe it's just that... BASIC.

Thanks in advance
Angela

You don't drag the .dmg file to a CD you insert in the Finder. That basically burns a CD with a .dmg file instead of making a bootable CD. Instead, open Disk Copy, go to File>Burn From Image or something like that, choose your image from the Desktop, and insert a CD when it asks.

ahhhh, i see. I actually started to do that... but thought for some reason it wouldn't make a difference and that I'd be just wasting another CD, so i stopped! Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Angela

I've tried doing that, but I always get an error message (35) saying the .dmg file is already in use. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Back