Bouncing Icons, Apps Not Starting

DGNMRWRW

Registered
I've got an interesting problem. I have a dual-533 G4 (for school) and a 500 iMac (for home), both of which have OS 9.2 and OS X 10.1.3 on the same partition. The G4 has never given me any problems--it's a little slice of heaven. However, the iMac is doing some interesting things in OS X....

Whenever I try to open some of the apps, they only bounce inside the dock for eternity, never to start up. Origininally, i was only Internet Explorer, then it was that and AOL IM, now its just about everything. I have noticed that System Preferences and most of the other system apps are just fine. Also, i can start up the OS 9 versions of all the software just fine in Classic.

Help??!?!:confused:

Also, I really want to reformat and partition this little bundle-of-joy iMac (everything is backed up). I've tried to do this before, but I was never given a chance to partition it when I booted from the software restore CD. How can I partition this thing?

Thanks.

I had this problem once. I believe it had something to do with a bad ram chip. You may want to test your ram. If that's not it, then it sounds like something is corupt and you may need to reformat.

Back