Broadband Hell!

mrc1405

Registered
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me. I’m stuck in BT broadband hell.

Running OS X10.2.8 on imac.
Have received bt voyager 205 router. succesfully installed software and connected router. Solid green lights on power, dsl, & ethernet on the router
and IP address shown and in network preferences are all correct.

However, if i open a browser, nothing happens and eventually a pop up saying no tcp/ip traffic. Cannot connect as server cannot be found.

Numerous calls to BT technical support and still no joy!
Have tried a ping test and results are always showing:
10 packets sent 0 packets received 100% packet loss.

i’m guessing means there is only a signal one way.
BT are convinced that it is a mac problem and not the router or line.
Firewall is also disabled.

Any thoughts would be much apppreciated.
thanks in advaance

paul

I have exactly the same problem setting up a relative's mac mini.

Mac OS10.4, btbroadband, Voyager 205 connected via ethernet. DSL and ethernet lights green. IP, subnet and router addresses all apparently correct. Nothing. No TCP/IP traffic.

Three weeks of bouncing around the BT tech helplines. Occasionally told the line is not active, then told it is. Once told the router is faulty, so they've provided a Voyager 210: still nothing.

Access the router configuration manager at 192.168.1.1, hit connect, and nothing.

I have the exactly same machine, OS and router myself, connecting via Airport, and it works perfectly. Completely baffled.

I have a similar problem with a BT Voyager 2500v Wireless router and an Intel iMac running OSX 10.4 (Tiger). The DSL, Internet and Wireless lights are on and the iMac detects it, but it is proving impossible to connect (but connection to an XP laptop with an ethernet cable works fine: the means through which I am typing). We do not want to connect via the Ethernet cable because that would mean moving the iMac immediately next to the phone socket. Customer Services have proved most unhelpful.

It is set to DCHP - for me anyway - but that still doesn't change connectivity.
I didn't really mention i need to connect it through the builtin airport extreme did i? It detects the router but doesn't connect through it for reasons unknown.

For wireless networks upgrade your OS to Mac OSX 10.4.6 (check software update if it's working). It solved all my problems. Airport functions flawlessly now

Back