Broken links when sending email to outlook

Matsaki

Registered
When I send email from Mail.app or Airmail to my client that uses Windows and outlook, the links I send him is broken, and not clickable. He has to copy and paste the link/URL.

Somebody knows whats going on?

Thanks!

Ok I will try that. But why can't Outlook communicate correctly with Mail.app nor Airmail? Meaning making a link a link!

Because it is a windows/MicroSoft program. Not all apps can smoothly translate with each other.

You can add a link by using Command, K or go to the Edit menu and select Add Link.

Ok I will try that. But why can't Outlook communicate correctly with Mail.app nor Airmail? Meaning making a link a link!
We don't know that it can't. The "problem" may not be at either the sender or recipient end of your email communication, but the networks between them. Base-level email is 7-bit ASCII. If your message passes through a 7-bit ASCII server, then your message will lose many of the nice features that we have come to expect in today's email.

Ok I start to understand. Because if I get a working link from a Windows user, and just copy/paste the link, it will be a workable link also for my client.

I guess it has some code that I just can't see.

Back