broken software update?

travelgz

Registered
Hmm, I don't see anyone else complaining, but can it just be me? I tried to run software update for the past two hours and it kept saying it can't reach the server after checking for like five minutes. I can get on the internet fine (allowing me to whine here).

Anything I can do to diagnose the problem?

Thanks,
travelgz
Oh, last time I successfully made an update was April 6th.

the same thing is happening to me! ever since I restarted after I installed 10.1.4 and the IE update, my software update hasn't been able to log onto the network, where all other apps are working fine.

any ideas?

rds:confused:

Looks like Apple's server for doling out updates isn't listening at the moment.
I see traffic attempting to connect to swquery.apple.com (port 80) with nothing coming back.

This has been happening to me since 10.1.2. This G4 says there are no updates and that my software is up to date, but I know it's lying because the G3 is across the room downloading updates. I tried getting rid of the Software Update prefs, but that didn't work. It also happens with any other user on the system, including root.

mine seems to work, connects fine, just doesnt have anything new to offer to download...it says your software is up to date.

I called about Apple Support about the problem. The rep said there were some others complaining and Apple was checking into it. I was told to wait a few hours and try again.

The servers were down for about 48 hours. I waited until 9 PM and all was working again. Ra Ra.

You can upgrade now. :p

Back