Browse deeper than the top folder

Brajeshwar

Registered
Hi,

First, excuse me if this is stupid and have been discussed before. I did tried searching but never got it.

I'm a recent Windows > Mac Convert.

In Windows, for instance in firefox, when I download a file, I can save it deep down the folder hierarchy but in a Mac how do I save/download the file more deeper than the root folder that I see in the dialog box?

Thanking in ancitipation.

Ther should be an arrow to the right of where you put the filename in the Save As dialog box. Click on that arrow and it should allow you to save wherever you want.

Ther should be an arrow to the right of where you put the filename in the Save As dialog box. Click on that arrow and it should allow you to save wherever you want.

But you can also set up a 'deeper' default save folder as well. This is with in the Firefox's preference - Downloads tab.

But you can also set up a 'deeper' default save folder as well. This is with in the Firefox's preference - Downloads tab.

Ah yes, missed that one. Yeah, Firefox by default is set to download to the Desktop. You would have to change the settings in Firefox's preferences to let you save anywhere. :eek:

Yes, I did changed it to "Downloads" folder and not on the default desktop. The files are either dropped there or when I click the arrow (the up+down combo), it shows me the list of the top hierarchy, what if I want to go 3 or 4 levels down the folder hierarchy?

Yes, I did changed it to "Downloads" folder and not on the default desktop. The files are either dropped there or when I click the arrow (the up+down combo), it shows me the list of the top hierarchy, what if I want to go 3 or 4 levels down the folder hierarchy?
I don't understand the question. You could select a folder 100 levels down if you want. It doesn't seem at all confusing.

Try column view in the window that pops up when you go to choose the download folder.

(I have Firefox set to “always ask” for the download destination.)

Either double-click the folders in the view or click the disclosure triangles next to their names (just like in the Finder). Or do I misunderstand the question?

Back