Browser

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
I really wish Apple would make their own awesome internet browser and call it "Browser" like Mail or Preview. I love the simple names and you know their browser would be awesome looking...Just a thought

Not to pick on Mail, it's a nice app, but Entourage is a whole lot better, but back to topic...

I have no idea how Apple should make internet easier than Explorer, faster than Opera, smoother than OmniWeb or...damn, I really don't see an advantage to Netscape...

Use OmniWeb, It's the most Apple-like browser so far.

Originally posted by voice-
Not to pick on Mail, it's a nice app, but Entourage is a whole lot better, but back to topic...

I have no idea how Apple should make internet easier than Explorer, faster than Opera, smoother than OmniWeb or...damn, I really don't see an advantage to Netscape...

Use OmniWeb, It's the most Apple-like browser so far.

I use OMNI most of the time. It just miss a good Java interpreter.

BTW voice-, I've been once in Narvik. 18 years ago. Nice city.

Entourage is not free. Mail is!! Mail comes pretty close considering... it's all the e-mail app that I, personally need.

I would like to see Apple buy out OmniGroup and start putting more muscle behind the OmniWeb browser. It is SO close to being the best browser out there.

entourage is m$. mail isn't.

i still think anybody who puts some effort into tweaking icab a little will find it works well. fast, reliable, stable, choice of tool bar icons, little flesh hand for a link pointer, ability to size page from toolbar, and more.
it's biggest drawback is that it has so many pref choices most people like myself have no idea what half of them do and it doesn't work its best right out of the box so to speak.

why you can even create your own toolbox icons!! and it's made by europeans, not amerikaners. :)

Mail is a great free E-Mail client. Currently without competition, unless you use PINE in Terminal, which I do sometimes.

Preview is okay for its purpose to preview, but as a PDF-Reader, Acrobat 5 Reader does the job much better and is free, too.

An application called 'Browser', yep I'd like that idea, but it'd be a BIG development effort to compete with the biggies and OmniWeb - and it's a market of free products, so there's no money to be made. Nice idea, not an option.

Nuff said. :)

This thred started out about "browser" that I have nothing to add about. Its a nice thought, as all people are equal and that it should be no wars an the earth. But the bottom line is that is no one paying no one is going to develop (and more importent no one will do the support)

But this thred continued as a discussion about Mail, and for me Mail is not a working solution. Its very soon got very slow, I get +100 mails every day, and futher more when I asked Apple support about missing spelling in my native language (swedish) they answer at the national support center (i.e Stockholm) that there is no such swedish spelling list. (....and the man in the support continued...and do anyone realy use "mail"...so after that I jumped back to my old sollution.

/aldo

For you spelling problem look into replacing the built in spell checker with this one cocoAspell which uses Aspell to check your spelling. They claim to do Swedish just fine.

This will replace the spelling across the system so you will be able to check your spelling anywhere.

Ska vi go fiskar ny!

The only most likely misspelled swedish I know ;)

-Eric

I like and use Mail and Entourage, the only problem I have with Mail is it don't support Bcc in the rules. I use mail to download my company's mail then seperate all employees mail into seperate mailboxes (on OSX Server), but thr rules will not detect Blind Carbon Copies, But then neither will Entourage

Am i missing something? Mail handles Swedish excellent. And TextEdit also.
Then it is kind of disturbing that you can't have two languages activated at once in the spellchecker, since i reply to a lot of mails in english.

Arrivederci!

Originally posted by garymum4d
... but thr rules will not detect Blind Carbon Copies, But then neither will Entourage

That is why they are called Blind Carbon Copies the sending computer never lets them out. All it does is use them to "address the envelope" to you. You cannot sort on data your computer never even receives.

-Eric

Back