browsers crashing on IMac

rickd1010

Registered
For some reason, both Safari and FoxFire are crashing on my IMac. I am using the smaller EMac keyboard on that machine and last night, in an attempt to get the DVD drive open some of the F# buttons were pushed. This resulted in a hard boot from the power switch. Now both browsers blow up as soon as you try to do anything with them. I verified and repaired permission both from the HD and from the system disk and verified and repaired the disk as well but the problem still exists. I also unplugged and rebooted the ethernet router, but none of these steps have made any difference. What can I do now to fix teh situation?

Try booting in Single User Mode and doing a repair from there: restart and hold command + S till you see black screen with white text/type fsck -fy/type reboot when process finishes. This does a system level check and permissions repair; might fix your woes.

Next I'd try a permissions and disk repair (both) from your system install disk 1 (OS X disk). Reboot by puttiing the disk in the drive, restarting, and holding the C key down till the disk boot up completes.

Back