Build 4K78

wdw_

Rockee
I went to About This Mac and I noticed that my build was 4K78. When did this happen? Last I knew it was 4P13.

Attachments

• 4k78.jpg
    4k78.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 46
Originally posted by endian
4K78 was 10.0.0 - are you started up off a different volume?
I don't know. I had build 4P13 a while ago. and it wasn't that until about a month ago.

Check the Receipts (/Library/Receipts) and see what updates you have. The dialog may just be messed up.

Originally posted by mr_mac_x
Check the Receipts (/Library/Receipts) and see what updates you have. The dialog may just be messed up.
Here are my software update builds:
  1. 10.0.1 (build 4L13)
  2. 10.0.2 (build 2Cheetah4P12)
  3. 10.0.3 (build 2Cheetah4P13a)
  4. 10.0.3 (build 2Cheetah4P13a)
    [/list=1]
    I'm not sure why it says Cheetah.
    I got these from Library/Receipts/10.0.(whaterver you want)Update.pkg/Contents/Resources/software_version
    I had to add .txt to the end of software_version so that I could read it.

I think Cheetah was one of the developer builds of before it was released March 24 (4k63, I think). What I'm more confused about is why you have 2 10.0.3 receipts.

Try checking the Update Log (you can get at it through Software Update). Post what's there.

Originally posted by mr_mac_x
I think Cheetah was one of the developer builds of before it was released March 24 (4k63, I think). What I'm more confused about is why you have 2 10.0.3 receipts.

Try checking the Update Log (you can get at it through Software Update). Post what's there.
That was my fault. Sorry. I would fix it, but then this post wouldn't make sense.

Did you check the update log? If it says you don't have one of the updates (or more) that would be it. That would mean somehow it isn't recognizing the packages you have. If that's the case, then remove those three packages (10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3) from the folder and restart. Try downloading them again from Software Update (or jut put the packages back 1 at a time to find out which one doesn't work). Then again, if all of the packages you have are in the update log, I have no idea what to do.

Run software update. If it finds something, install it. If it doesn't, delete those three packages and then run it three of four times to get the updates again. That should fix it.

I want to know why it happened. Is there anything you were doing, like messing with the packages or other system files?

Hey everyone,

I noticed that you are having problems with the version number too.

This happened to me as well when I was using 10.0.3 and had to re-install os 10.0.0 from disk because of a younger sibiling :eek:. After downloading 10.0.1, 10.0.2, 10.0.3 from the software updater which I guess wasn't too smart in the first place because I could have just looked in my reciepts folder,
the version for the os was messed up.

After some work in sherlock I FOUND the receipt folder and installed the newer versions of OS X and the problem was fixed. Unfortunately this was the not the end if my problems.

Now, whenever I update my software, the time which shows when the updater was last run is an hour off. exa. if I updated the software on Mon 9:11 PM it would show up as Mon 8:11 PM

Any Ideas?

I don't think the hour off thing is a bug from reinstalling OS X. I've had this, too, since OS 10.0.0, and it's stayed up to 10.0.4. I think that it's just that the Software Updater is forgetting to figure in Daylight's Savings Time. Since I don't know how to turn off Daylight's Savings in OS X, I can't really check this, though.

-Bruce Adcock

Back