Bulk Deleting Email

ganzoltd

Registered
I find it painful and tedious to delete email on my iPad since it apparently needs to be done one at a time.
Is there a way to "select all" and "delete"? I can't seem to find a way to do that. Does anyone have any solution to this?

While you are looking at the list of emails in your inbox, look at the top right. You will see Edit. Click on it. Now your emails have empty circles at the left of each one. Just touch each circle to ‘mark’ it. A check will appear in the circle. Now look to the very bottom. You will see Mark, Move and Trash. Just touch ‘Trash’

And, by the way, do not post the same question more than once. It does not get you an answer any quicker.

sorry about the double post. I realized I was in the wrong forum the first time. The problem with that method is that it means having to touch every email individually. Right now I have about 300 per day to delete. I'm looking for a "delete all" method.
I guess that doesn't exist, no "command-A" to select all before ""trash"?

yes, many days especially on my account that receives more spam than anything else. Nonetheless, it takes so long to delete them one at a time that I just let the mail fill the inbox. I wish there was a way to just empty the mail all at once.

You could start training Mail to identify the spam. Then it will automatically put it in the junk folder, clearing your inbox.

I would if there was a way to make rules for mail on the iPad. I can only find that on the laptop OS X. It looks like the only way on the iPad is to click each mail marking it as trash and then emptying the trash. That is a very long and arduous process unless you are able to do it as each email comes in. Not really practical nor very user friendly.

Not having an iPad, I can tell you that on the iPhone, if you slide the subject to the left, past the normal 'delete', it will delete on it's own. Play with it.

any way that you cut it you have to hit each individual email to select it for deletion. And you can't do any kind of select all, or touch to slide over all of them to select all like you can on a laptop with the trackpad. I think it is weakness in the design of the IOS Mail and should be fixed by Apple. iPad settings has no possibility to apply rules to any mail accounts so the spam / junk filter that you can do on OS X isn't available either.
If anyone can speak with the Apple developers please present this issue to them. Thank you.

You can send them feedback on this.
Have you tried logging into the web based email for your account and setting up spam filters there? Of course, you would need to double check it from the web base to make sure it catching just the spam.

Back