Bulk html e-mail....

ian27

It all started at 3......
Hey guys,

I have a website which I'm currently maintaining that has a mailing list containing hundreds of subscribers. Is there a programme on the Mac that I can use to send an e-mail newsletter out to these subscribers in one go? The e-mail will also be a newsletter which contains an html template, therefore the programme must be able to send out html e-mails in addition to having the capability of sending to bulk e-mail addresses.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

mdnky

[Bobs/Prog/Design:~] mod%
Staff member
Mod
Maildrop
It sends multi-part messages (HTML and plain-text in one message), so those who don't have HTML capable e-mail programs or have HTML e-mail disabled will still get the message.

fryke

Staff member
Mod
However: I'd look for a solution on the server. There are nice open source solutions. This way, all you'll have to do is go to a form on the website, enter the stuff and mail from there. The mailing list will stay up to date, without you having to copy hundreds of addresses both ways...

hifigrafix

Registered
I use a service called Constant Contact that I highly recommend.

http://www.constantcontact.com

It does come with a monthly fee but it's very cheap and you can send as many emails as you want.

There is great group management - full statistics of who, when and how many times...

It's great. They do a free trial too.