Burn DVD DL but can't read them?!

lonny

Fearless Thinker
Hi!
I have a MacbookPro 2.16 about 1 year old. Decided to back up some data on DVD+R DL yesterday. Burnt 2 discs and they worked fine (used Toast, and did verification, all ok), I could read both with no problems.

Today I tried to read them and they both get ejected! They work fine on a Windows machine I tried, but my Macbook Pro just doesn't like them anymore.

Any ideas?
Drive works fine with single layer DVDs...
Thanks in advance.

...They work fine on a Windows machine I tried, but my Macbook Pro just doesn't like them anymore.

Any ideas?
Drive works fine with single layer DVDs...
Blank DVDs and DVD drives can be very finicky. You have to make sure that you use media that work in your burner and can be played where you want to play them. This is a matter of trial and error. The best way to test a DVD drive is to ensure that it handles commercially recorded content. For blank media, start with the expensive stuff and then go progressively cheaper until you find media that doesn't work.

Oh BTW, home-burned DVDs can also fade over time. Protect your recordings from light. Test them periodically.

Thanks for the reply, but I would think that at 13USD each, they were quite expensive!

I'm having exactly this problem too, I burnt the DVD fine but now it won't read in my Mac, it will read fine on my friends PC though ?!?? Any firmware updates available that might help?

ps - I think I've got the same, MacBook Pro 2.16

Back