Burning a Cd

chopertone2

Registered
When I insert a blank disc I get a window saying,

"You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click Ignore."

And if I try to burn a disc from I tunes, I seems as though is it burning the disc but when it is finished I get that window again,,,, Please help,,,,
Tony

What model Macintosh do you have? Please be specific also...don't just say "G4," specify which model you actually have by checking the Apple System Profiler in the Apple menu at the top left.

Are you sure that this Mac has a burner? Have you been able to burn CDs before with this Mac?

It looks a little late for a reply but I experienced a similar situation in the past. The drive was interpreting a blank disc as having been previously closed (i.e. as a CDROM rather than an open CDR). This could happen if an error occurred when previously trying to write to the same disc and it got ejected prematurely. It could also happen if the drives were being confused as to which they were (i.e. a CDRW drive being confused for a CDROM drive). On a G3 with OS X, attaching an external USB CDRW drive caused it to replace the internal CDROM drive as the only drive being displayed in the profiler. I suggest checking the profiler and then checking for permission and disk errors. I have also never had much success under OS X dragging and dropping files onto the CD icon in the Finder window as a reliable burning technique. Using Burn Folders and Disk Images(.dmg) have been more reliable.

Back