Burning a DVD from EyeTV

graham_macewen

Registered
I recently invested in EyeTV and have just burnt a film from it using Toast to a DVD. Although the Audio was fine when played on the iMac when I tried the DVD the only audio was Audio description for blind/partially sighted. I have tried various forums but I dont know if its an EyeTV, Toast or DVD problem! Anyone got any ideas?

Graham

Which format did you choose in the device settings? mpeg4 can be defined in various ways, which may make recordings hard to read for many DVD players. Try "DVD 90" or "DVD 120".

acko

Not sure where I would do that. In Toast the only options (as far as I can see) it gives is:

Video CD
Super Video CD
DVD-Video
DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS
Divx Disc

I checked the DVD-Video box

Graham

Tried that but the version I have (TerraTec Cinergy T2 - for UK tv) didnt let me change the settings. The Drop down says Lossless and is greyed out and below it says

"DVB-T content is encoded by the broadcaster. The bitrate and compression fromat (usually MPEG-2) vary). EyeTV records the entire broadcast stream without loss."

Incidentally I have just successfully recorded another programme without the same problem so it must only apply to TV programmes with this Audio support.

OK. I have no experience with that. If lossless means a true copy of the stream: Maybe call the broadcaster and ask which formats they use. Then check if your DVD player accepts them all.

acko

See Elgato's reply -

"Right now, Toast can't choose between audio tracks.

EyeTV often exports all tracks, which can confuse things.

You can try to select a track in EyeTV, close the file, and immediately export. That might help, until we make more changes."

Tried what they said and still didnt work. This is really annoying as I bought EyeTV primarily to burn programmes to DVD and a lot of the most popular films and TV programmes in the UK now have this Audio Description. So anyone got any more ideas...?

Back