Burning a movie onto an DVD

Joan Kadie

Registered
I REALLY need help. I have asked for this a couple of times and have called the "experts" at IMac and still have not been successful in making a DVD with music.

I am trying to make a DVD out of four folders of photos--altogether about 75 pictures.I have exported the folders from IPhoto to IMovie. I have added music to the photos. When I preview the movie in IMovie, the pictures and music appear the way I want them to. The problem arises when I send the pictures to IDVD for burning.

First, I get the drop zone photos. When I add individual photos to the drop zone, I am unable to add the folders from IMovie. When I click Preview on IDVD, the "canned" music comes on rather than the movie I selected. When the remote control button appears, and I click on it to play, the movie and music that I selected appear.

When I try to burn it, the burn program seems to be going through but after 25-30 minutes of "reading and burning" etc., I am given an error message of various types. I have wasted at least 20 dvd's and spoken to a number of "experts" for many hours. Obviously, I am missing something, but I don't know what.

Can anyone help? PLEASE reply in very simple language. I have already been through all the instructional data in the "help" menu, but something is not working right. PLEASE help. I am using a new IMac G5 and I am a new user.

Thank you.

Back