Burning .iso files in Mac OS X

anerki

Registered
Fairly easy question probably. Is there a cheap/free way to burn .iso files on Mac?

Thanks!
Frederik-Jan

The Disk tool* burns ISOs. I've burnt them off before :)

* It might not actually be called this, I've not got a Mac at the moment :( and I didn't have mine for that long before it got nicked, but the app with the crazy radioactive icon /will/ burn ISOs.

Rob

I think he's thinking of Disk Utility. The radioactive symbol he speaks of is the "Burn" button in Disk Utility. It's located at Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Simply drag the .ISO file into the left-hand sidebar where the hard drives are, highlight it, then click the "Burn" button.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
I think he's thinking of Disk Utility. The radioactive symbol he speaks of is the "Burn" button in Disk Utility. It's located at Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.

Simply drag the .ISO file into the left-hand sidebar where the hard drives are, highlight it, then click the "Burn" button.

Exactly. Sorry for my completely useless description.

Cheers,
Rob

So DiscBlaze basically does the same as the Apple supplied (free) tools for 29.95? Guess those free Apple developer tools and their lack of mentioning what their apps really _can_ do give people a chance to make money, then. ;) I should maybe create a Cocoa frontend to the included zipper/unzipper. Sure, it might not be as comfortable as the contextual menu item in Panther's Finder, but if a few people pay me 29.95 for it... ;)

Back