Burning iTunes Music Store files to audio CD w/o iTunes

turn2

Registered
Can anyone tell me a way to burn iTunes Music Store files to audio CD without iTunes? (Since iTombs will no longer burn CD's for me.) I can burn .aiff files to audio CD with an app called Laze E XJ. I have not been able to find a way to convert these files to .aiff. Right now the only answer I have is to buy a PC w/iTunes for Windoze and hope to burn CD's that way. Yikes!

isolder said:
Why not burn it in iTunes?

Because since the last Software (planned obsolecense) Update of iTunes all I get when I try to burn is:

"The device drained its buffer without burn underrun protection." (Sorry Sucker!)

And don't bother with all the "restart, zap PRAM, disable screensaver, blah, blah, blah... It doesn't work.

have you tried burning very slowly? or trashing your itunes prefs? or burning with the finder (uses the same DiscBurning framework) to test out whats going on.

Pengu said:
have you tried burning very slowly? or trashing your itunes prefs? or burning with the finder (uses the same DiscBurning framework) to test out whats going on.

With an Iomega ZipCD 650 slow is all you've got. Trashing the iTunes prefs didn't work either. I tried to make a burn with the finder and got: "The disk failed to burn because an unexpected error occured. Error Code 6."

That may mean something to someone but it's greek to me. I made a successful burn just yesterday with a shareware app called Laze E XJ.

I suspect that either my burner is going bad or it's a plot by Apple to get me to buy a new Superdrive equipped Mac that they'll be releasing tomorrow. :D

Back