Burning software?

Tip-C

Registered
Hey
im new to mac... just got my new ibook
but i dont have any software to burn CDs?

can some one suggest me a good program for buring cds?
i used to use nero back on windows.
is there anything simillar out there for mac?

*** isint there anyburing software fo burining CDs that comes with the computer???

Thx

Hi there, and congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. :D

BTW, what version of the Mac OS do you have? Head over to the top left on the menubar, click on the Apple Menu, and select "About This Computer" or "About this Mac." It should be one of those depending on the OS version.

Once you select that, you'll get a window that tells you the OS version.

Is this a brand new iBook or a used one (meaning it's new to you since you are a new Mac user)?

Yeah, the Finder can burn CDs on its own. It ought to work as soon as you insert a blank disc. If it doesn't, check the CDc & DVDs section of System Preferences.

The big dog of the Mac disc burning world is Roxio Toast. Top-notch, but a bit expensive.

A couple good free ones are YuBurner and FireStarter FX. Not as powerful or easy to use as Toast, but they're good additions to OS X's built-in burning features, and hey, they're free.

Yes, as Mikuro mentioned the Finder can burn CDs right-out. If you want to burn ISO CD images to CD, you'll have to use Disk Utility located in Applications-->Utilities. I recommend dragging Disk Utility to the Dock for quick access.

Back