Burning Warcraft

Perseus

Registered
I recently purchased a CD burner (external) and wanted to see if I could burn the data from my Warcraft 2 cd to the blank disc. I dragged the info from the Warcraft disc to the empty disc, then burned the CD (I am running OS X). I was hoping that the game would run from this burned disc, ( I need to star up in OS 9 for Warcraft 2 to operate properly) but the game does not recognize the burned disc as the game disc. Is there a way that I can burn game discs so that they could be recognizable as the actual game disc? Would I have to create a .dmg file? And if so, how would I get this to work? Thanks!
:)

First of all, why are you trying to burn WC3? I sure hope it's not so you can give it to someone.

Second, if you can get a copy of Toast Lite, or buy Toast Titanium, you can copy CD's directly, same format and everything.

arden, it's WC2, and I believe he has the same feelings as me about original CDs. They belong on the shelf collecting dust, not in the CD-ROM every time I wanna play...

Oh... whatever...

Since WC2 isn't Carbon, you have to run it in 9 (as you mentioned). Well, when you burn a disc in OS X, it has a different format than OS 9. (Put an X-formatted Zip or floppy in when you're booted in 9, and it will show up like a PC disk.) Try burning your CD when you're booted in 9.

The main reason I want to burn it is so I can have a fresh brand new WC2 disc. My old one is getting scratchy.

Have you tried making a disk image of the drive itself using Disk Copy? File>New>Image From Device

As far as I know this should make a bit for bit image that you can burn, rather than dragging files and potentially missing invisible files.

P.S. This trick doesn't work for DVDs ;)

Back