Buying a PDA, GPS and Cellphone

LoadRunner2

Registered
Just like the title suggests, I am a consumer, and I'm ready to buy a cellphone, gps, pda. But because of the overlap between all 3 devices I'm not sure what to get. I also relies not all products are created equal. Some gps units, even at 1000 dollars, can have horrible performance. Some phone have horrible reception. I could get a pda with gps built-in. But for about the same price I could get a tungsten, and use a 100 gps unit with a hack cord to use the devices together. That not considering gps / cell phones. Or those odd cellphone / pda.

I have a few goals.
CellPhone:
* Very good signal (gsm?)
* Low Profile
* Flip Phone
* Blue tooth (if possible)
* long battery life
* What cellnetwork should I use? Who has a good servos deal, and what about cheap internet access through bluetooth and or cellphone browsing.

gps
* fast
*easy to use
* feature rich
* decent size display
* accurate
* details maps, side streets, extra
* not dependent on home pc. (I have a mac)

pda
* mac compatable
* blue tooth (if posible)

Is there a reason you need this stuff? Will you be working in regional areas or on farming/civil engineering projects? If so, you'll want to check with several phone providers to see what coverage is the best for you. In many places, a CDMA phone might be better, though if GSM is the option then try and get a triple band phone.

Where are you located and where do you want to work?

As for the GPS, what will you be using it for? Street navigation in the city or country? Off-road or remote navigation? Do you need to use it when walking, driving, or both?

Back