Bye Circuit City

tcjohns

Registered
Recently read that Circuit City was dropping the few macs and little hardware they were already carrying. For those of us who live in the boonies this is a real disappointment. The closest Apple Store is a full days drive away and I enjoyed getting to touch and feel the imacs and ibooks they carried. I sent an email to Circuit City explaining Mac products were the only attraction that got me into their stores and that we have purchased a number of noncomputer items just because of some feeling of loyalty and support (over the past two years we've dropped a lot of bucks there on both mac items and noncomputer items) and all I got back was a lame email message that they no longer carry apple products. DUH! I wish apple could entice them to continue to carry Macs as the more shelf space Macs have the more likely we are to break into that 95% market share. Apple stores and internet purchases are not likely to influence the great mass of impulse shoppers (like me) who prefer to walk out of a store with a box in hand, same day, no Fed Ex truck etc. Maybe another shot at Best Buy?

Oh and you don't need to lecture me about their poor service and sales history, I have experienced it first hand. However, I was on a business trip once and happened into a Circuit City. they had a great display of Macs and were demonstrating how easy it was to interface the digital camcorder with the imac and edit with iMovie. I walked out with a camcorder. Unfortunately, they're headed the way of Kmart now with nothing to attract buyers away from Best Buy and similar. So long.

Back