Calling all Yanks, Poms (Limeys), Ozzies and Kiwis. Shopping Question:

alexachucarro

I'm 1/4 Basque you know?...
I want to buy an ATA133 PCI controller for my G4 as I have just bought an IBM 120GB Deskstar (for £115!) and that means I have run out of space with the motherboard controller.

My questions are:

Where can I buy such a device without spending the Earth? NB Kiwis, I'm off to NZ very soon so I can buy from there if you know shops around CHCH, Wellington, Dunedin, Queenstown or Nelson.

Also how do I physically connect the new HD? Where do I get that metal housing that contained my Preinstalled HD? Do i need a power spiltter too?

I make this link loud and exciting and in the news forum as it would be nice to know there are cheaper solutions than extortionate British prices.

Thanks all

I'm in Australia, and I can tell you from checking the British mags that while prices are exactly the same on complete systems, our retailers are really ripping us Aussies off on components and accessories (RRP usually 40-50% higher than the UK)

However, we do have a lot of "other" channels such as computer swap meets and markets that can usually help out.

I should point out that the odds of finding anybody out here who knows what they're talking about when it comes to hardware spceific to Macs is pretty woeful (with the exception of the Mac stores themselves, and even then your odds of finding a genius are pretty sad).

If you're coming this way anyway, you'd probably do well to make a stop-over in Singapore or Hong Kong and do a little shopping there.

Back