calling driver developers for 3dfx cards

Bonehed316

Registered
:) im looking for talent. i need people who understand mac hardware and programming, and are interested in making drivers for the voodoo4/5 cards for mac.

if you are interested in helping our cause, please contact me or reply here. we have quite a bit of information, we just need people with a drive and passion, as well as formilarity with the hardware.

What is the motivation for this? You aren't going to be able to sell the drivers. These cards are old and few people have them. For the cost of your time, you'd be better off buying a new graphics card.

If you are seriously doing this, then I wish you luck.

heh. you probably think the v5 is weak. sure, it is by todays standards, but theres a lot of life in it yet. a lot of people still have them. and most people who have them, really like them. theres still a lot we can do. AF, for instance. its VERY possible, and comes with minimal performance hit. lots and lots to do, and so little time.

'Our' cause? What level of experience do you have programming? How well do you know IOKit? Are you up-to-date on Apple's progress getting basic 2D functioning with the V3/V5? are you familiar with the actual programming linkages between all the parts in the IOGraphics subsystem?

Hell, give me a good enough reason, I will hand over all my current documentation on the stuff, (legally, since I figured it out from publically available source and documentation) and be a helping hand. However, you are being rather vague as to what you know, and what you can do. I sure wouldn't mind joining efforts, but you got to show me that you can pull enough weight to help make this work.

(If you couldn't guess, I have been at this awhile, and have learned a great deal, but am no closer to getting 3D acceleration going than anyone else in actual reality due to vague documentation of Linux source code for simple 3D acceleration used on the V5s)

Back