Camcorder usb converter???

HorseArtist

Registered
Is there such a thing?
I have an old Panasonic camcorder, with a bunch of tapes from the past, I'd like to put on my mac so I can burn them to disc. I've never used iMovie on my eMac before but I assume this would be the program I would use if this was possible. Any ideas?

tia:)

You do not mention what the Camcorder uses to connect to the computer.
Belkin makes many converters.

But your old camcorder is analog... (my assumption since it is 'old') ... In order to convert to digital you will need an analog to digital converter... like Dazzle.

Cheryl, I don't mention what I use to connect with, 'cuz I don't have a connection to connect with ;) Thanks mdnky..I will check it. Is RCA the two cables, yellow and black, that hook to the camcorder? We used to hook it to the back of the tv to watch the videos...

Ok.. I just checked the link.. I have only two ports on the camcorder... one says phone, the other says a/v out. I don't think that Belkin cable would work.:( It's got a lot of connections on one end..

Where do the cables hook up on TV? If it's to plugs on the TV that say 'video in' (probably yellow, maybe red) and 'audio in' (probably white) then that's what you use. What port does it plug into on the camcorder?

The AV out is the port you want, just need to figure out what kind of 'out' she is. Be it coaxial, RCA, etc. Do you know the model number on the camera by chance?

Ok, so you have a VHS C model camera. (BTW, you can also get a carrier tape that allows the use of VHS C in a standard VCR.)

The supplied cord you use with your camera is what you'll use with the adapter. Just plug it up accordingly and everything should work alright. The adapter has more than one method of connection, so there will be some unused connectors. What you need to worry about is the audio-in video-in ones.

Look at pp. 31 of the operators manual (link below).
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/PVL559.PDF

MacHome Magazine has a step by step in the July 2003 issue. <www.machome.com>

You can get a Y adapter to split the audio signal..otherwise you will have sound on the left channel only.

How will the Belkin work an a Apple eMac?
Coz the software is made for windows.
Will it work with Imovie?
And how good is it?
And can i connect my Xbox on it only to play games from xbox and showing it on the xbox?

Greetings,

DonReactor

Back