Camino Browser 12GB

caribooyj

... somewhere in B.C. ...
I installed Camino this morning....thought I give the browser a try.
Imported my bookmarks/homepage and used it all day. Nice and fast browser, like the interface but I miss having the ability of keeping bookmarks open in a sidebar.

So now I've just noticed Camino is using up over 12GB on my hard drive?!?
Why? What happened?

Attachments

• Camino.jpg
    Camino.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 20
I think you're misreading the count here. It looks as though this program is reporting 14 GB total being used in the Applications folder, not just by Camino but by everything else in that folder as well. If you highlight Camino in the Finder and select "Get Info", you'll get the size of the Camino.app file.

Just double checked... all other apps are 2.75GB, Camino is 12.2GB adding up to 14+ in total. ?

Just double checked... all other apps are 2.75GB, Camino is 12.2GB adding up to 14+ in total. ?

Whoa! Have you tried going and viewing the contents of Camino.app? Remember that .app files are executable folders. Control-click the Camino.app file and select to view contents. You might want to redownload Camino and view the contents of that version and compare what's inside with the version in your Applications folder. Sounds like something is in your affected Camino.app that is causing it to increase in size.

Back