Can Anyone tell me where I could find a copy of Rhapsody for the PC?

How can I reach you, I have come across three copies in the last couple months (they are gone now), but I could point you in the right direction when one pops up. Also it is important to note that Rhapsody doesn't run on every system. You should make sure that your systems work first. To find out, check out this page: http://www.devworld.apple.com/macosx/server/rhapdev/DR2_PC.html , it covers all the hardware that Rhapsody has drivers for.

Thank you very much for responding. You can talk to me via email [removed email address]. I have an Hp Pavilion 8380 with a 400mhz Pentium II and 288mb.

I wannabe a wannabe too. Not that you're offering to keep a master list, but I'd sure appreciate a ring if you find Rhapsody for the PC available: rharder at usa.net.

-Rob

One of the 'tricks" is that Rhapsody is not always listed as Rhapsody. I've seen Rhapsody DR2 listed as OpenStep 5.2 (even though it is version 5.1) and Mac OS X Server DR2 or Beta.

For those of you who are interested in the version names and numbers of the discontinued Server line, here is what I have so far:

Rhapsody Developer Release: ? : version 5.0

Rhapsody Developer Release 2: Titan1U : version 5.1

Rhapsody 1.0 (never released): ? : version 5.2

Mac OS X Server 1.0: Hera1O9 : version 5.3

Mac OS X Server 1.0.1: Hera1O9 : version 5.4

Mac OS X Server 1.0.2: Hera1O9+Loki2G1 : version 5.5

Mac OS X Server 1.2: Pele1Q10 : version 5.6

That should help with looking for them. I'm still looking for Rhapsody DR (both Intel and PPC) to round out my OS collection, which is why I still come across DR2 from time to time.

Back