Can Appletv Gen 4 To Play Video Audio To Multiple Speaker Sources?

amcliz

Registered
Hi all.....

I have a Samsung SUHD UE8500 55inch Curved TV with a Samsung HW-J6500R Curved Soundbar.

Yesterday I received my AppleTV Gen 4 which, by the way, as I have been a PLEX convert now for about 1 year.... but my PLEX TV app is problematic... so the PLEX app on my new Apple TV is a revelation.

I also have a high end hi-if system with Rotel Amps and B&W floor speakers that sits at the back of my living room. I have a ARCAM IR DAC that plays my Spotify or iTunes music either as a direct connection through USB or AirPlay.

Can I have my TV playing through the PLEX app with the audio coming from both my Samsung Soundbar and my Rotel Hi-Fi system ? I have contacted and asked Apple support... and they have informed me that AppleTV doesn't allow this feature.... but is there a third party work around... because if I could get my hi-fi in on the act in my living, I truly would have a cinematic viewing and hearing experience.

Any comments or suggestion most welcome.

Regards,
Anthony

I maybe asking a silly question. Do you have everything hooked up to a receiver? Having the receiver control your speakers and amp would make life easier.
Example: TV, tv receiver box, DVD, and speakers all connected to receiver. Receiver controls the sound for each device using all or some of your speakers which you can set up to your specifications.

I maybe asking a silly question. Do you have everything hooked up to a receiver? Having the receiver control your speakers and amp would make life easier.
Example: TV, tv receiver box, DVD, and speakers all connected to receiver. Receiver controls the sound for each device using all or some of your speakers which you can set up to your specifications.
Hi Cheryl.... you aren't asking a silly question at all.... I have my SKY box plus my AppleTV connected to my Samsung Curved SUHD TV at the front of my living room along with my Curved Samsung Soundbar and Sub Woofer, while my hi-end hi-fi system is built into a custom made unit (along with my now outdated Vinyl and CD collection - giving my age away now) plus floor speakers all connected with hi-end cables at the very back of my living room. I do have a ARCAM IR DAC that allows my hi-fi get on my home network and supports Airplay.... but getting both audio sources to playback a movie audio is what is eluding me... I have up alot about it... and most people think AppleTV just doesn't support it for video.... it does for Audio... as I also have an Airplay enables B&W Zeppelin that I can play my iTunes music to along with my compter and my hi-fi system... getting audio playing on multiple devices throughout the house.... but that feature just doesn't seem to be available when it comes to video. Grrrrrrr...... :(

You are so good for taking the time out to reply to me.... it's very much appreciated.

Hi again Cheryl....

I haven't tried this app out at all.... I only have used PLEX really.... will this solve the audio question.... I don't see the feature listed in any of the article blurb....?

Do you think my audio issue is solvable... ? Have you gotten it to work ?

Regards,
Anthony

Back