Can I dialup to my ISP without disconnecting from Ethernet Network?

Big Max

Registered
Greetings,

While waiting for Earthlink to get my DSL connection moved to my new location I'm on dialup. I can set up and connect to dialup by indicating "Earthlink Dialup" in "Show" within the Network settings in System properties, and I dialup and connect to Earthlink fine, but then I'm disconnected from my Ethernet Home Network. I can connect to my Home Network, but then I can't dialup to Earthlink. I'm sure I'm missing something because I should be able to dialup and connect to my ISP without having to choose between being connected to a dialup network and my ethernet network, right? It would be incredibly dissappointing to NOT be able to dialup to my ISP and also stay connected to my Network. That means that I actually would have to use my PC for something and it also would mean there is something my PC can do that my Mac can't do.

Can any of you help me??

Thanks,

Big Max ::alien::

In show, select Network Port Configurations, then check the boxes both for your modem/dial-up AND your ethernet. Set them both up as you had before, only this time they should both be setup in the same network profile, and thus should both work simultaneously.

symphonix said:
In show, select Network Port Configurations, then check the boxes both for your modem/dial-up AND your ethernet. Set them both up as you had before, only this time they should both be setup in the same network profile, and thus should both work simultaneously.

Hmmm.....

I selected Network Port Configurations and both modem/dialup and ethernet are already checked. When I dialup and connect and go back to System Pereferences it says that both Built in Ethernet and Modem are showing green lights and are connected in Network Status, however as soon as I dialup and connect I lose ethernet connectivity. Should I completely redo both the built in ethernet and Modem port configurations? Also, by default, each time I go back to check it, Location is - Automatic and Show is Network Status.

::alien::

Back