Can I move my default iMovie.library to an External?

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
Any reason I can't move the default iMovie.Library to an external? I need to free up 300gb of space. I just now started to use special libraries for events/projects. The fastest thing, obviously, would be to move the default library and continue to make the individual libraries over time. But don't want to do that if it's going to cause issues.

As i recall in a similar issue but with iTunes, the app looks at a specific place for the default library. When you move it, the app panics and creates problems.
I don't know if there is a procedure to command the app to look elsewhere, especially with the latest OS versions.

As i recall in a similar issue but with iTunes, the app looks at a specific place for the default library. When you move it, the app panics and creates problems.
I don't know if there is a procedure to command the app to look elsewhere, especially with the latest OS versions.
My understanding is as long as the particular ext is connected, iMovie can find the libraries. I have four others and there hasn’t been an issue. Worried about the default as you concur. We’ll see if anyone else weighs in.

Back