Can I share a scanner?

jcgill

Registered
I've seen Mac OS X (tiger) do some amazing things. I've read in passing (thoug I cannot find that reference now) that once can share a scanner from a connected Mac OS X machine. Can someone tell me how this is done, and if it is possible to use the shared scanner over a network from Windows XP?

thanks in advance.

Yes, you can.

Connect a digital camera or scanner to your computer and turn it on.
Choose Image Capture > Preferences and click Sharing. Select "Share my devices," and then select the device or devices you want to share.
If you like, type a name for your device (one is provided by default) and set a password.

To find other devices on your network that are sharing images, choose Image Capture > Preferences and click Sharing, then select "Look for shared devices." Choose Devices > Browse and select the device you want.

Thanks, Cheryl.

What about Web sharing? It says to connect to http://my-ip:5100, but the client always reports that the server refuses connection.

This is using Tiger, Epson Stylus CX4600, no firewall on this Mac, and Windows clients.

Web sharing is another baby. I am having problems just trying to see an XP printer.

Thanks, Cheryl.
I've never had problems seeing Windows resources. Perhaps I can return the favor.

Back