Can I undo bootcamp?

rick.price

Registered
Is there a way to essentially 'undo' a boot camp install and remove the partition? The partition created was unfortunately large enough to run the game I wanted to run after I put in Micro$ofts hugely bloated OS in there.

Any help is appreciated.

Everything about Windows is on that Boot Camp partition.
Run your Boot Camp Assistant again.
If you created that partition through Boot Camp, then the assistant will now show you the choice to remove that partition. that you created with the Boot Camp Assistant.
BTW, 32 GB is just a quick choice for a Windows partition in your Boot Camp Assistant. That's not the largest that you can make. All you need to do is move the slider, and you can create any size - as much as you need, subject to the limitations of your hard drive.. You can use half of your total drive space, or much more. Do keep in mind that your OS X partition also needs space for itself. If you leave the OS X side short of space - I'll just say that's _not_ a Good Thing™
If you redo the Windows partition, then for what you want - 80GB should be a nice size.

Thanks for the quick, helpful reply. I was able to get rid of the old partition and build a new 80 gb one. I didn't realized that I was looking at a slider for the size. It looked like I just had a choice of 5 or 32 gb.

Thanks again - every day it looks like the choice to switch was the right one.

Back