Can I use Apple Express with BT Homehub?

sebcarroll

Registered
Hi there,

I've just bought an Apple Express unit and would like to use it with my BT Homehub and play iTunes with it also. I've managed to do this, but only when the Apple Express is linked to my BT Homehub via ethernet cable. I would of course like to be able to do this wirelessly, which was the whole point of buying it!

At present, my BT Homehub and Airport Express are in opposite corners of the room, because this is where my internet connection and speakers are.

I would like to be able to use the Airport Express to wirelessly connect to the Internet, and be able to play iTunes wirelessly at the same time. I find Apple's manuals on this subject impenetrably difficult.

Please could you help me out?

Many thanks

Seb

Basically what you want to do is use your AP Express as a wireless repeater. The Express does support WDS (Wireless Distribution System). The question would be wether your homehub can support WDS.

If you do some searches online you will find some more information regarding WDS.

Many thanks for your reply. I will do some research as you suggest and if I have any further queries I will get back to you.

Seb

Hi, I'm now trying to do the same thing and having problems. Did you get yours to work? If you have, could you please tell me how, I'd be very grateful. Its starting to drive me mad.

If anyone can answer this, I'd be eternally grateful.

I too wish to use AE to connect to the internet in the part of the house that the HomeHub signal isn't that great in.

In the set-up do I want to join the existing wireless network or replace an existing router??? I have no idea - so used to Apple products working perfectly and being almost intuitive that I'm completely lost. I'm not very tech savvy at all.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any tips or suggestions.

Back