Can I use the iBook adapter for 12" pb

yachay

Registered
Just wondering because a friend of mine in class uses his iBook and I always seem to forget my adapter; they look exactly the same. Just wanted to make sure before I explode the insides of my pb.

thanks in advance...

I see people say it's alright. But make sure you look at the diffrences. The charger on the PB 15" in fact looks identical to the iBook one, but if you read the specs on the bottom the Amps are quote diffrent. Be careful.

Yep, biggest difference is the color. And what, the color is the same? What does that tell you? :D

No, seriously, Apple typically uses the same charger configuration for all the laptops they have out at a given time. Way back when, when Apple laptops were dark gray and had small screens, they all used the same chargers. When they had stock market and toilet seat laptops, they all used the same chargers. And now, they still use the same chargers... in fact, I don't think Apple has changed their chargers a lot (and no, the transformer doesn't count) since they introduced the iBook. The original iBook.

I can second that. I have grey and white chargers here. They are absolutely the same. Ok, beside the colour.. ;)

My ibook had a white charger. The powerbook has a white charger, so at least those ibook 700 mhy (or 500 mhy and faster), and the alubooks are the same.

Isn't it great? and that you can use your adapter (the plug) of the #book for ipod and vice versa? So if you have one of them bought in Europe and other in US you can use whicever them whereever you need. :D

Back