Can Mac OSX write CDRWs?

nkuvu

Gone
We have two computers in the house, which are not networked (yet!). I have a CD-RW that I can write to with the (shudder) beige box, and transfer files to the iMac. How can I do the file transfer in reverse, if at all?

I read a post on MacSlash that it could be done through the Finder's burn command. I couldn't find it -- could someone give me step-by-step info?

Oh, and if it can't be done through the Finder, I can't do it. The iMac isn't my computer, so I can't install software unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance.

1. Have a CD-Rewriter in your mac.
2. Put in a CD-RW.
3. If the MacOS reacts and asks you if you want to make this CD-RW ready for use--------- perfect. If nothing happens-------Sorry, nogo.
4. Locate the CD-RW on the Desktop.
5. Drag and Drop your Data on the CD-RW (Yeah its that simple!).
6. Try to trash the CD-RW. The Finder should ask you if you want to burn the CD.
7. Click OK and BURN!!! :D

Oh yeah. Be sure to use the latest System Software. OS 9.2.2 or even better OS X. Under X it should work for sure. But I dont know if diskburner (the programm that makes all this possible) supports your writer under OS 9. And be sure to chose ISO9699 or something :p if the finder asks you to make the CD ready. You can erase the CD in OS X (I dont know where in OS 9) in the DiskUtilitie!

Have fun burning!:p

Back