Can Mail notify my cell phone?

salohcinluap

Registered
I check my email fairly regularly, but sometimes I have to leave the house and don't want to miss important emails. I have a couple of clients that need replies fairly quickly, so I would like to know when they write.
Is it possible to get Mail to send my cell phone a text message, with perhaps the senders name ? Am I going to need a script for this (I'm a designer, not a programmer!)? Perhaps there is a little shareware app/plugin that might be able to do this for me? I'm not keen on having multiple devices picking up email (Blackberry for example) and don't want to have mail forwarded to my cell either. Trying to check mail on my cell is a ridiculous and lengthy process!
Thanks for all and any replies!

It's all about where and what to ask isn't it... Thanks for the pointer! I called my cell service provider (Rogers) and they said all I have to do is forward to myphonenumber@pcs.rogers.com

I hope this helps others.

Well: Depending on your mobile phone provider, getting E-Mail on mobile phones can be an expensive thing! Luckily for me it's 5 CHF a month with no additional charges.

Back