Can Mail Print Headers and Footers?

life036

Registered
Does anyone know of a way that Mail can print headers and footers?

Specifically, a subject line at the VERY top (spaced above the existing To: From: Subject: lines), and a Date with page numbers (i.e. Page 1 of 4) at the very bottom.

I support the computers for my organization, and the user requesting this is currently using Netscape 7 for mail, and refuses to switch to Apple's Mail just because it won't print the headers and footers like Netscape does. I know it's odd but she's just a very organized individual.

I'd like to switch her over because Netscape mail is very buggy, and hasn't had an update in years.

If anyone can help me out I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

Here's how the printed mail from Netscape looks, she wants the headers to look like this:

testmail.jpg

Okay, two years later.
Just converted from Eudora to Mail.

I'm in an office that files a lot of paper. Emails printed from Eudora had page numbers and headers, so for multiple page emails, we could easily see how they went together.

Need a way to do this with Mail (using Mail 2.1 on OS X 10.4.11)

I know, the lack of a header/footer is not a bug, it's a feature.

Since the last person in the forums wanting this posted two years ago, I wonder if anyone has a fix? A script?

Thanks,
Tim

Oh boy - can't believe it's so hard to find how to do this. There has to be a way to do this, at least with AppleScript or Automator.
Depending on how many files you will have to print, one way could be to create a rule for Mail for converting selected mails to PDF and to store them in a specific folder on your Mac, then print from that folder. At least the PDF could have all the header data included, as well as page numbers, but that sounds a bit more complicated than what is needed. It should just be able to be added in the preferences in printing the mails, however I can't just see it there. :-/
Welcome on the boards by the way

Back