Can not log in with my name and password

Macmarty

Registered
I always get an error message saying wrong name or password. I can log on just fine through the web interface. :(

Have you tried using in the last day or so? Go back into the application and retype your login/password and make sure you typed it all correctly. We have had some issues with the app recently because of some code changes on the server side... but most of this should be resolved. Either way, you can ask questions online under the question/response area. Profiles can be done manually, but easier to just get the app to do it.

Same problem here. I downloaded the latest version (1.0.2). I have a friend who I need to use OSXVNC with, and I thought this would be perfect. She is helpless, and I cannot walk her through the firewall setup, etc.

This has a lot of promise. But just trying my own username and password does not work - ever.

Any ideas?

I did notice that if you type in your name and password and you don't click anywhere after you change one, like in another field, it may not register the change. So, if you typing you password, clicking on a different field, like the username field would register it. Or any other field for that matter. Something to try, if that is the case, then we can re-evaluate it all. I tested this version the other day and it worked fine. She can use the "test" buttons below the username password to test out what is good and what isn't.

ScottW said:
I did notice that if you type in your name and password and you don't click anywhere after you change one, like in another field, it may not register the change. So, if you typing you password, clicking on a different field, like the username field would register it. Or any other field for that matter. Something to try, if that is the case, then we can re-evaluate it all. I tested this version the other day and it worked fine. She can use the "test" buttons below the username password to test out what is good and what isn't.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried exactly what you said after downloading the app to another machine which has never had it installed before.

I entered the same username and password I use for this forum - even went to another tab and clicked on a field there. But when I came back to the Settings tab and clicked each test button, Internet & Account is the only one which failed with: Failed Username or Password.

This has been a consistent behavior on three different machines:
iMac G5 (iSight) with OS X 10.4.3;
PowerMac G5 (1.6 GHz) with OS X 10.4.3;
eMac (700 mHz) with OS X 10.3.9

Also, regarding the eMac running 10.3.9 - it also gives the AppleScript Error -2573 OSXVNC path not defined.

I downloaded the version from the software page here. Is that the correct download? Any other tests I can run to help clarify the issue?

Thanks again.

For anyone interested I have an update.

The username and password issue has not been resolved for myself, but it does seem to be working correctly on the 10.3.9 machine with another user account (my account does not work on that same machine).

Also, even thought the 10.3.9 machine gives the AppleScript error about the OSXVNC path when I click the remote sharing test button, starting screen sharing does work.

So in the end, my client is able to use it successfully now.

Thanks for your hard work on this free and extremely valuable service!

Happy New Year!

Back