can this be done?

trusurfer03

Registered
Ok here is what i would like to do, I like to keep my display from going to sleep during the day, but like to to go to sleep as soon as possible when i go to bed... I've been going in to energy saver and adjusting the slider before bed but im lazy and would like a button that would do it for me

So is there an apple script or program, that would toggle the display sleep time slider, without me having to go in and change it?

So when i click it once the display will not go to sleep, and if i click it again the display will go to sleep after a minute of inactivity.

Thanks

hello you can use the energy saver tool tell it to sleep at e.g 10:00 p.m. and wake it yourself whenever the next day!!

'Dont worry be happy'

is there a way to do it so that only the display goes to sleep,not the hard disk? becuase all i found there was either shut down, or sleep, and i just want the display screen to turn off, so that i can continue downloading or whatever

In 10.4, don't remeber 10.3, two sliders. Put the Computer to sleep when it is inactive for; > leave this set for never

At the bottom, make sure Put the Hard Disk to sleep is Unchecked.

This is where Automator (10.4 only, of course), should kick in... But I haven't really used it and actually don't know whether you can script System Preferences like this...

Back