Can You Count To

pds

Registered
14.5 Billion?!?!

Apple required to pay Ireland more money than Ireland wants and... if they do they will ask a tax credit from the US for taxes paid overseas.

Very Kafkaesque. I get the feeling Europe might not be a great destination if Trump wins. :^) So Canada is the winner!

14.5 Billion?!?!

Apple required to pay Ireland more money than Ireland wants and... if they do they will ask a tax credit from the US for taxes paid overseas.

Very Kafkaesque. I get the feeling Europe might not be a great destination if Trump wins. :^) So Canada is the winner!
I would beg to differ, if Trump wins, we're all losers...:(

Apple played the game and got caught. Now they pay the fine. No corporation should be above the law. Heck - no politician should be above the law.

No, Ireland played the game. They set low tax rates to attract companies. They might not get a great rate, but it is found money all the same. New York does it, Delaware does it, it is not a very novel idea. The point is now the European Commission is saying - "Hey you, Ireland - you can't do that and you have to change your laws you renegade tax haven." Retroactively. Apple gets the headlines, but Ireland set the rates.

Corporations should not be above the law, but they should not be subjected to them ex-post-facto. Tax laws need a complete overhaul - especially concerning international trade and commerce. But until they are, follow the rules as they are set and don't roast one or another company (Starbucks or Amazon to name a few others) to make an example. This was done for the headlines

JB, you are right - everyone loses if Bozo wins.

Heck - no politician should be above the law.

Well . . . there goes Hillary then. . . .

Miyo-2016%20Election%20MOT_zpspp6brbkh.jpg

--J.D.

You know that the EU will appeal. I am not sure what the correct answer is but corporations need to pay their fair share. No more sweetheart deals.

Back