CandyBar icons safe ???

Krisneph

Registered
Has anyone tried CandyBar?
Is it safe??
I'm currently using 10.1.5 i'm waiting for panther will 10.1.5 cause any problems
I just want to get some better looking icons a little theme going on

I used it to change some icons then threw it away. My icons are stll there and I haven't had any problems! I'm using 10.2.6- I may have updated since then, but I'm not sure.

Candybar is safe!
i rarely use it though.... i just change my icons once in a while. Or i apply the icons i made.

Can anyone help me. I installed CanyBar and changed my icons but didn't like them so I tried to restore the defaul OSX Panther set and now it won't let me. I've got a weird mix of the 2. How do I restore my Panther icons without re-installing my system?

Let me rephrase. I used it to change my default folder from the plain blue folder to a sweet black ops folder. I have not used the restore feature yet.

If you haven't paid and registered Candybar, you can't after an amount of times changed something, or after a certain time after the first use or something, change anything back to how you had it. Register it ... if you don't plan to, just change the icons manually..

How do I cange them manually? I've tried dragging them off of Candybar but they don't revert back to Panther default. Do you know of a Panther set I could download?

nope.

choose the icon you want in finder. choose it, apple-i, choose the pictuer in the info window. on another window, (stilll finder) browse your icon folder. . .choose the icon you want, apple'i that, choose the picture. copy it, and tehn go to the first picture (where you want it), and paste it there. done.

I haven't used candybar since 10.1, because I hate the locking of the theme for non registered.

I never mess with that stuff, I am always worried something will get messed-up. Hope you can get your system back to normal.

Giaguara said:
nope.

choose the icon you want in finder. choose it, apple-i, choose the pictuer in the info window. on another window, (stilll finder) browse your icon folder. . .choose the icon you want, apple'i that, choose the picture. copy it, and tehn go to the first picture (where you want it), and paste it there. done.

That isn't the point of CandyBar. CandyBar will change system icons, like the Finder, Trash, Home, folder icons, etc. You can't just change most of these things system-wide with copying and pasting from the Get Info windows.

Back