Cannot access OS X Mac from Windows 2000

jbutler

Registered
I am having trouble adding a Mac running Panther to a Windows 2000 domain using Active Directory. I set up Windows Sharing and Directory Access (including Active Directory and SMB). The Mac can access the Windows 2000 machine, but the Windows 2000 machine cannot access the Mac. The Mac shows up as an icon in Window's Network Neighborhood but when you click on it, there's an error message that says: "The account is not authorized to log in from this station." I am under the impression that when you click on the Mac icon, it should prompt you for a username and password. Why is it not doing that? Thanks.

I've been searching this issue for two days. My situation is unique in that it should be prompting me for a username and password and it is not. All of my other settings are correct.

hi...

i have a network with a mac and a pc. When using jaguar i had no problem connecting to the mac from a PC (XP). Just updated to panther and i see my mac, but i cant connect to it :(

all my settings are correct

PC gives an error msg:

\\server is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

anyone knows why? Help us...

mkay...i fixed my problem..thnx to: ME!! :)

i looked in the installdisk, cause i remembered that i only installed the core system...i ran an additional installer: BSD subsystem!

I guess the system needed that for windows XP to login...cause its working fine again.

when logging from OS X to Windows Servers, I'd recomend to use Microsoft UAM Patch (avaliable for 9 to). It will improve security too.

Back