Cannot administer QTSS

lwk

Registered
I have a brand new install of OSX Server 10. I log on as an administrative user and can configure FTP, web server, etc.

But when I try to access the QTSS Admin with the same name and password, I get an Unauthorized error that I need a password.

What does QTSS Admin want for name and password?

I have combed the "Help" for this and other answers and cannot find any. It just tells me to enter my name and password.

I hate to say it, but RTFM. The default user id and password for QTSS Admin are there: streamingadmin/default.

I am helping a community college get it's server up and running. The bureaucracy could not provide documentation.

I thank you for the answer, it would have been more graciously received without the attitude.

Thanks anyway.

Originally posted by lwk
The bureaucracy could not provide documentation.

I thank you for the answer, it would have been more graciously received without the attitude.

Thanks anyway.

lwk,

FYI, the Admin Guide is installed on OS X Server by default in PDF format. There's even a link to it in the dock.

I didn't mean to come across as having an attitude, but I thought it was fairly obvious. After all, it was right there in front of you. So many people on these forums are just lazy. Sorry.

With regards to your ftp question where you flamed me in another thread. Sorry I can't help you there. I haven't read that manual yet. ;)

Back