Cannot configure Airport Express -- need some suggesions

TerryMcK

Registered
I've been using an Airport Express station to bridge to our Airport Extreme base station in the basement. This morning I used the Airport Admin utility to set a password and, apparently mistakenly, only selected the base station. I gave it a new name and password.....thinking I would do the same for the Express. Now, the base station is working fine -- internet connection is up, etc. -- but I can't get to the Express at all. I've tried to reconfigure and Airport Admin says "Cannot Configure this Base Station". I've hard re-set Express....still "Cannot Configure". I've DL'd the firmware....still nothing; tried Multiple Configure...won't see Express. I have the Setup disc, but when it begins it appears it's reinstalling the entire Airport Extreme software, and I've been wary, not wanting to lose the connection I have.

I'm about to trash the Express, but there's got to be an answer out there somewhere.

I'd uninstall everything (if possible) and reinstall. Set it up using the Airport Setup Assistant. I believe it will allow you to connect the two base stations.

Doug

dktrickey said:
I'd uninstall everything (if possible) and reinstall. Set it up using the Airport Setup Assistant. I believe it will allow you to connect the two base stations.

Doug

That worked. Thanks......everything's up.

Back