Cannot configure network printer to print from MAC OS X

Satrina33

Registered
I am trying to add a network printer on my MAC OS X machine version 10.5.2. I am having a really hard time and need to know it you can > provide me with steps on how to configure my computer so that I can > printer through the network. PLEASE HELP! The printer is a Savin C2525 network printer.

No, since it was a network printer I didn't think that I needed to install the software on the machine, just the drivers. However, I haven't even been able to install the drivers and yes it uses Print & Fax preferences.

Because you have a PostScript printer, you don't really need to install any additional software. However, it is a good idea to install the optional PPD file because it enables all of your printer's features. This should be nearly trivial. The fact that you're having so much trouble means that either you are communicating with the printer or that you are doing something wrong at a fundamental level.

Starting from your driver download, list each step in your attempt to install the driver and configure the printer. Give the result of each step.

Just to be certain that I have the correct drivers, can you direct me to a website where I can download them. I have CUPS drivers and/or the three listed below:

s27645L3.dmg
s27772en.dmg
z28011en.dmg

Just to be certain that I have the correct drivers, can you direct me to a website where I can download them. I have CUPS drivers and/or the three listed below:

s27645L3.dmg
s27772en.dmg
z28011en.dmg
You downloaded the correct files.

These are disk image files. They will appear as mounted volumes on your Desktop if you double-click on them.

Double-click on the yellow box icon in s27645L3.dmg to install the PPD file.

s27772en.dmg will help you to tweak your printer's color calibration. Don't worry about it for now.

z28011en.dmg is the Printer Utility. It is more important to MacOS 9 users than to MacOS X users.

s27645L3.dmg is really the only one that you need to worry about. It should have installed without a hitch. Did it?

Back