Cannot Connect Mac To The Internet

Rupesh

Registered
Hi -

Not sure if this is the right thread to be posting this - but would be great if someone could help me. I have a Mid-2009 15-inch Macbook Pro running on OSX10.9.1.

The Wifi doesn't connect to my DSL router at all. I have other devices in the house and they don't have any issues connecting to the internet - so all good on the router side. I have searched several threads on this issue and have tried a few things, no luck.

My WiFi status has a '!' in it. No bars. I have tried the 'Renew DHCP Lease' option. Also removing and adding the AP Name/password. It says that I've got a self-assigned IP (169.254.x.x). Not sure where it gets that from. The other devices in the house that works have a local IP (192.168.x.x). Everything has been configured to use 'DHCP' - the settings, as far as my eye can see are the same.

Any clues as to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you set up your router with any MAC address filters? I have this onmy router to prevent devices from being able to connect to my router.

Additionally, I have limited the number of connections that my router will allow. Perhaps you have done the same on your router, and the device you are trying to connect is one too many?

Last edited:
Have you entered the router’s information in the wireless section of your Network Panel i.e. Router name & Key (password) ?

Your other devices can connect to Internet via wifi, so the internet at home is ok, the problem should be related to your mac. Have you tried to renew the wifi model?

Back