Cannot login to linksys router default IP address

Lxwis

Registered
Hi everyone, I've been trying to connect to the my linksys WRT160N v2 router's IP address because I want to port forward to set up a server for the game I play, but when I've tried to set it up it says I need to change the UPNP settings, and I found through google the way to do it is through connecting to the IP address of your router.

The IP address of my router is 192.168.1.1, I've tried to connect to it on safari and google chrome using all username and password combinations I have found on google, but I cannot connect to the IP at all with any of them username/password combo's. I have been looking at other forum threads trying to see if they have the solution and I found a post about resetting the router, so I did that following the steps they gave but still, no success.

Does anyone have any other ideas/thoughts as to why I cannot connect to the router IP?

By the way, the answer could be quite simple as the router was purchased by my Dad, and he made all the settings etc. Although he has never connected to the IP on the internet, would he have changed the username and password to our routers IP on initial setup? I haven't spoken to him about it yet, he isn't really good with tech things but I will speak to him if I have to. We have a username and password to connect to the router wirelessly through airport, which is what I use 24/7. I have tried this to combo to connect to the router IP but it didn't work, could it be that username and password?

Any help is much appreciated... :)

Connect to the router via and ethernet cable. Then do a proper reset (using that pin hole reset) and then try to get into that router to set it up again.

Lastly consider getting another wireless router link one from D-Link or Apple.

Back