cannot print to my windows networked dell 922 printer

paigesdad

Registered
Help!!
I have a MacBook with OSX 10.4. My home computer is a Dell XPS. I have networked through a wireless netgear router. I have set up a home network. My problem is that Dell does not support mac. I have done some research and found that the Dell 922 all in one is identicle to a lexmark x5270. I downloaded the printer drivers for that printer only it is a Whole package not just a driver. Please help me with a work around or something.

don't give up too soon! I am having a similar issue, though, I am certain that with a fresh install of XPSP2 (before ANY updates) I was able to print off my PC with the Mac...however, judging by my frustration now, that my have just been a pipe dream.

There are long drawn out procedures and software installs that are needed. Unfortunately I cannot find/run them.

Help!!
I have a MacBook with OSX 10.4. My home computer is a Dell XPS. I have networked through a wireless netgear router. I have set up a home network. My problem is that Dell does not support mac. I have done some research and found that the Dell 922 all in one is identicle to a lexmark x5270. I downloaded the printer drivers for that printer only it is a Whole package not just a driver. Please help me with a work around or something.

Although you need a good driver for the mac, another solution may be to buy a printer server for the printer and connect the printer directly to the network. Now your pc does not have to be on to use the printer and whatever os you have on the pc is of no concern anymore.

Good luck, kees

moore78ad -
I guess you missed my reply to Kees...
You need a driver to print to any printer -- there are No Mac drivers for that model Dell non-postscript printer.

indeed. The method I commented on above does not require device specific drivers, as it emulates the Apple generic printer using those drivers.

Andy

Back