cannot stop viewing closed questions

earthsaver

Ben R.
The site is currently showing that I have 52 pages of questions I've assisted. Most of them are closed. I can't find an option not to show the closed questions. Where did that go? Also, there is no color coding to visually differentiate between open and closed questions.

10.4.7 (8J135) + OmniWeb 5.5sp17

Prior to 2.0, we did not have a pagination feature for questions you have answered. Since questions are ordered in a fashion of newest response, any "active" questions will always be on the front page.

As such, the hide "Closed Questions" feature was not implemented in 2.0. Color coding was mute, as the status of the question is clearly marked. However, I do believer previously we showed whether you had viewed that response or where the last to respond. If you are talking about that, I can see about bring that back once the bugs get nailed out.

Either way, this is a feature request for these two things and Im moving this thread to the Suggestions forum as they are not bugs.

People have different learning styles. For me, Scott, given that I see in color, color coding is quicker to see and interpret than having to read a word at the end of the line. Also, I'd find the experience quicker with color coding built into the names of questions, because I could both read a question and understand its current status without shifting my focus. That's why the previous view worked so well for me.

Color Coding is still used in Open/Active Question pages for new question since last visit and tickets by VIP folks. Icons are used for other points of interest.

For Personal Ticket and Tech (My Tickets) views, questions are sorted by questions with recent activity first, as such, if someone replies to a ticket you own, it will show up at the top of the list.

Why I steered away from colors is that too many colors looks annoying to me and its hard to find a lot of colors that can fit with site colors. But, I do agree to bring back that "Unread" and "Last Response" color coding.

Sounds good. Agreed that some of the colors before didn't work. For example, Closed With Feedback in navy looked like it was still open.

If closed tickets could be hidden and/or viewed separately, then that wouldn't matter, and if you wanted, you could separate those with and without feedback in that other place.

The only color separation, then, needs to be between Unread and Last Response, as you just said. Good deduction!

Back